Start Date: Term 5 - April 2024 (or sooner if possible)
Job type: Permanent - Full-time
Salary: Leadership Pay Range L15-L21 (£66,628 - £76,430 per annum)
Closing Date: Monday 20th November 2023
Shortlisting Date: Thursday 23rd November 2023
Interview Dates: Thursday 7th and Friday 8th December 2023
Newick Church of England Primary School is a thriving single form entry school at the heart of Newick village. The school is well-known for its happy, kind and high-achieving children, with a strong and dedicated teaching and support staff and a supportive parent body.
The school was rated Outstanding at its last Ofsted inspection in 2011 and is due to be inspected again in the coming months. The most recent SIAMS inspection in 2017 was excellent. We are seeking to appoint a new headteacher to build on the strong leadership of our interim head and deputy head. We have an experienced teaching body committed to achieving high standards throughout the school and the school plays a strong role in the local community, living up to the Christian ethos at the heart of our values.
The school will join The Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust (DCAT) this academic year. This will bring the benefits of joining the successful family of DCAT schools to the new Headteacher and entire school community. Headteachers across the Trust work and train together monthly and the Trust has a CPD offer with many training activities and events for support staff/TAs, teachers, aspiring and existing leaders, Headteachers and governors. There are strong networks across the Trust, with SENCos, DSLs and subject leaders all meeting on a regular basis. In addition, the school will continue to work closely with local partner schools who are not currently within DCAT.
We are looking for:
- An experienced leader who can build on the high-quality education the school currently delivers, and lead and develop the school’s Christian distinctiveness.
- A strategic thinker who can implement the school’s vision and raise standards and achievement for all our children.
- A leader who can inspire passion in all our teaching and support staff to deliver the highest quality of teaching and learning, and progress, for all pupils.
- An excellent communicator who will engage with our supportive and lively parent body and the whole Newick community.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to lead a school with high existing standards and the potential to achieve even greater successes.
- A strong and committed team of staff who care passionately about Newick school and its children.
- Pupils with excellent behaviour, good attendance and an appetite for learning who are proud of their school.
- Membership of a strong Trust and the support that comes from DCAT.
- A strong place in the community
- A supportive parent body and committed governors.
For an informal discussion with the existing Headteacher and/or Chair of Governors, and to arrange a school visit, please contact the school. For a conversation with a member of the DCAT team please contact 01273 425001 or email email@example.com.
To apply for this position please download the full application pack available below and email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Please check back for updates or visit the East Sussex County Council Job website for other vacancies: https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/jobs